Since its establishment in 1951, the PPG Foundation has served as PPG's primary grantmaking organization in the United States. Aligned with our global priority areas, the PPG Foundation helps to prepare today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities, revitalize communities and enable our employees to lead the way to a brighter future.
Through the PPG Foundation, we seek to cultivate meaningful, dynamic community relationships to reach the people and places where we can do the most good. Our team of U.S.-based foundation agents works directly with nonprofit partners in their communities to identify opportunities where the PPG Foundation funding and employee volunteers can create positive impacts. From after-school programs and engineering competitions to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) summer camps, we collaborate with our partners to place students on learning and discovery paths that prepare them for brighter futures.
Partnerships & Possibilities
PPG Foundation funds a variety of U.S.-focused programs in the communities PPG calls home. These include:
- Community Grants: The PPG Foundation's grantmaking priorities are in the areas of education and community sustainability. Funding Guidelines (PDF)
- Matching Gifts: When our employees in the U.S. make a personal financial contribution to the local causes they care about, the PPG Foundation doubles the impact.
- GIVE Program: The PPG Foundation backs the commitments of PPG employees who volunteer their time or serve on boards with $500 grants.
- Innovative Classroom Grants: PPG employees can support public schools in the U.S. by applying for a $1,000 grant to fund projects that spark students’ interest in STEM.
- PPG Foundation Scholarship Program: We partner with the National Merit Scholarship Program to help students reach their academic goals.
Student to student
The PPG Foundation is a proud funder of STEM*FYI, a new mentorship program at University of California, Berkeley that pairs advanced student mentors with first-year grad students to create a support network that goes beyond the classroom.LEARN MORE
Reaching for the stars
PPG’s aerospace business partners with Irvine Public Schools Foundation to help local high school students in California explore hands-on space technologies. PPG was proud to be recognized by Irvine Public Schools Foundation as one of its Top 100 Companies Supporting Educational Excellence.LEARN MORE
director of fundraising
National Society of Black Engineers Summer Engineering Experience for Kids program
The PPG Foundation allows students to find and explore their passions in STEM fields, open their eyes to future possibilities, and most importantly, grow their self-esteem and confidence that one day they can be successful engineers or scientists.