Since its establishment in 1951, the PPG Foundation has served as PPG's primary grantmaking organization in the United States. Aligned with our global priority areas, the PPG Foundation helps to prepare today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities, revitalize communities and enable our employees to lead the way to a brighter future.
Across each of our priority areas, we partner with organizations serving diverse students and communities to address systemic racism and advance racial equity. By funding educational pathways for Black communities and people of color, we aim to strengthen our focus on education and further support science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.
Through the PPG Foundation, we seek to cultivate meaningful, dynamic community relationships to reach the people and places where we can do the most good. Our team of U.S.-based foundation agents works directly with nonprofit partners in their communities to identify opportunities where the PPG Foundation funding and employee volunteers can create positive impacts. From after-school programs and engineering competitions to STEM summer camps, we collaborate with our partners to place students on learning and discovery paths that prepare them for brighter futures.
Partnerships & Possibilities
PPG Foundation funds a variety of U.S.-focused programs in the communities PPG calls home. These include:
- Community Grants: The PPG Foundation's grantmaking priorities are in the areas of education and community sustainability. Grants are accepted on an invitation-only basis. Download our Funding Guidelines (PDF).
- Matching Gifts: When our employees in the U.S. make a personal financial contribution to the local causes they care about, the PPG Foundation doubles the impact.
- GIVE Program: The PPG Foundation backs the commitments of PPG employees who volunteer their time or serve on boards with $500 grants.
- Innovative Classroom Grants: PPG employees can support public schools in the U.S. by applying for a grant up to $1,000 to fund projects that spark students’ interest in STEM.
- PPG Foundation Scholarship Program: We partner with the National Merit Scholarship Program to help students reach their academic goals.
Reaching for the stars
PPG’s aerospace business partners with Irvine Public Schools Foundation to help local high school students in California explore hands-on space technologies. PPG was proud to be recognized by Irvine Public Schools Foundation as one of its Top 100 Companies Supporting Educational Excellence.LEARN MORE
director of fundraising
National Society of Black Engineers Summer Engineering Experience for Kids program
The PPG Foundation allows students to find and explore their passions in STEM fields, open their eyes to future possibilities, and most importantly, grow their self-esteem and confidence that one day they can be successful engineers or scientists.