PPG employees around the world once again came together to take part in #GivingTuesday and Giving Week, a global celebration of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated this year on Tuesday, December 1, #GivingTuesday kicks off the global year-end charitable season. Our Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region was the first to join this philanthropic initiative in 2017. Since then, participation has expanded to sites across United States and Canada (USCA), and Latin America (LA). This year, employees in 15 countries across multiple sites engaged in the effort, going the extra mile to make it happen through interactive virtual programs or safe, socially distant events that supported an array of non-profit organizations in their local communities.
- Mexico: Employees at our San Juan del Rio plant worked with CANACINTRA, an industrial association, to donate sustainable fruit and vegetable gardens to families in need. PPG donated an additional garden for every garden donated by employees.
- Brazil: Employees at our Sumare site donated the gift of time to older adults who live at a local home for the elderly. Employees hosted virtual chats with residents, sharing stories, hobbies, life experiences and more. The home was recently repainted as part of a COLORFUL COMMUNITIES® project.
- Czech Republic: The Brno site organized its first online raffle to benefit Domov sv. Markety, the site’s Charity Partner which supports pregnant women and mothers in need. Project organizers took a creative approach to the raffle, using Teams to get employees involved and conducting a live prize drawing on the platform. Employees won gift cards, a day off and other items. Participation exceeded expectations, with employees raising hundreds of dollars for Domov sv. Markety.
- France: Employees at our Saultain and Marly sites are donating to Maison de l’Enfance of the Association Pitchoun, the sites’ Charity Partner, emerging needs grant recipient and upcoming Colorful Communities site beneficiary.
- Greece: Our site in Athens raised funds for the Institution for Treatment of Chronic Diseases and encouraged employees to purchase a variety of items for the organization.
- Nigeria: Employees donated an array of toiletries and food items, and raised funds to assist residents of the Bethesda Home for the Blind.
- Poland: Employees at several sites participated in #GivingTuesday, helping hundreds of individuals across the country in their combined efforts. At our automotive OEM site in Gliwice, employees provided essential health care and daily living items to individuals in need. In Wroclaw, our architectural coatings (AC) and Global Business Services (GBS) employees donated holiday gifts, toys, decorations, and other items for young patients at its Charity Partner, Wroclaw’s Children Hospice. In addition, employees at our protective and marine coatings site in Ostrow Wielkopolski collected sweets and hygiene products for children at local orphanage.
- Russia: Employees across Russia collected donations to support Detskiye Serdsa, its Charity Partner. The organization provides care to children with heart conditions.
- Slovenia: Employees across Slovenia continue to fundraise for Zavod Pit, Slovenia’s Charity Partner that works to protect animals, and promote responsible animal ownership and pet care.
- Switzerland: Employees at our European headquarters in Rolle launched a collection of food and funds for Cartons du Couer, an organization they have supported for many years.
- Turkey: Employees throughout Turkey collected and donated books to public libraries in several villages.
- United Kingdom & Ireland: Employees at our Stowmarket plant collected funds for a virtual Christmas at West Suffolk Hospital while those at our Runcorn site collected toys, food and clothing for Runcorn Children’s Centres holiday boxes. Across our AC business, employees wore favorite athletic gear in exchange for a donation to Prostate Cancer UK, their Charity Partner.
United States & Canada
- USCA-wide: Employees donated to eligible nonprofit organizations through our Matching Gifts programs, earned GIVE Volunteer Grants for sites where they volunteer and sought Innovative Classroom Grants to support their local schools.
- Pennsylvania: Our ePro Team exceeded their fundraising goal to support the Christmas gift project at the Latino Community Center in Pittsburgh. The majority of the donations are eligible for PPG’s Matching Gifts program.
- Ohio: Employees at our Cleveland and Strongsville automotive refinish sites partnered with the Salvation Army to support the organization’s annual toy drive, donating toys and funds to ensure local children have a happy holiday season.
- Washington: Our aerospace team in Seattle launched a food and toy drive for the Cedar Park Northshore Food Bank, and collected funds for employee match donations.
We are #PPGProud to have so many employees with a passion to give back to their communities. THANK YOU to every employee volunteer for all that you do to bring color and brightness to our communities.